Finding a name you can trust is tough. Especially when it comes to contracting work inside your home. Whomever you choose—they are, at best, a stranger with verifiable credentials.
At Worley’s Home Design Center near San Leandro, CA, we hear it all: horror stories with less-than-trustworthy contractors, poor products and manufacturers, inappropriately long timelines for small flooring projects… It is overwhelming to hear the volume of complaints our fellow residents have regarding contracted work that did not have to turn out so poorly. These horror stories have inspired us over the years to continue to implement best practices and training to keep us a “cut above.”
What makes Worley’s Home Design Center different than the competitors?
Alongside his dad from the age of 12, Les Worley grew up learning everything there was to know about home improvement and customer service. He learned the value of hard work at a very young age and has carried that into the business he keeps today. 58 years later and still going, Worley’s is unique in its operation; much different from the big-box retailers who focus on profit, profit, profit. Here, we focus on quality, customer satisfaction, and always doing the right thing—everything else seems to fall into place when those three things are at the helm. One you work with Worley’s, you are part of the family.
The Art of flooring through Worley’s
There really is an art to what we do. Our design team listens attentively to each client’s likes, dislikes, needs, preferences, family size and demands, etc. This information is crucial in choosing the right material, thickness, cost, color, texture. Ideas? Opinions? Speak up! We love co-designing and want you to be thrilled with the outcome.
How to avoid poor service
For starters, ask questions. No question is too small or too silly when the answer may protect you from money and time wasted. Next, know what you want at least 75%. This will help guide you away from impulse decisions that are way outside of your budget. Thirdly, research the BBB for a company’s rating and review testimonials from previous and current clients. To check ours, go here.
Flooring options offered through Worley’s:
- Carpet and area rugs: these are an easy way to change the dynamic in a space through color and texture or pattern. Carpets and rugs are also great at mitigating noise—especially helpful for families with children, pets, and musicians!
- Hardwood, bamboo: at Worley’s, we offer 22 hardwood flooring lines and 5 bamboo flooring lines. Anything you could want in a hard surface is at your disposal through our company.
- Laminate: great option for homeowners who love a real-wood look without the real-wood price. Worley’s offers 12 different laminate lines—all are premium products.
- Linoleum and vinyl: If asked, could you explain and/or point out the differences between linoleum and vinyl flooring? These two options have come a long way in durability and aesthetic value. We would be happy to show you the 12 product lines our partner manufacturers offer.
- Cork: Because this flooring material is made from recycled wine corks, it is inherently “green,” durable, and comfortable on the feet! For growing families with little ones, this is a wonderful perk. And, cork is the only flooring material which naturally hinders the growth of mold and mildew. Worley’s offers 5 premium cork flooring lines from our trusted partners.
- Tile and stone: porcelain, glass, ceramic, limestone, granite, slate, sandstone, marble, quarry, travertine, and other natural stone tiles in many different colors and details are offered through
- Baseboards and crown molding: added touches like baseboards and crown molding offer a completed, thoughtful touch.
- Indoor/outdoor: Worley’s is partnered with two indoor/outdoor rug manufacturers which offer extra durable and fade-resistant materials for the spaces on your front and back yards.
Brands you may know…
Many of the manufacturers we are partnered with are well known for their excellent standards and longevity in this market:
- Shaw—based in Dalton, GA
- Aacer—based in Peshtigo, WI
- US Floors—based in Dalton, GA
- Armstrong—based in Lancaster, PA
- Royalty Carpets—based in Irvine, CA
For a full list of the many flooring manufacturers we use, go here and click here to know more about them.
Whether your flooring project is small or large-scale, we want to be your first choice! Come visit our staff and see our flooring options in the showroom. Finding a name to trust is no easy task. There are so many companies from which to choose—so do just a bit of research to protect yourself and your home. Our team is confident that you will be satisfied with our work ethic and abilities. Give us a call! We would love to earn your business and we hope to see you soon!
Worley’s Home Design Center – 2751 Castro Valley Blvd – Castro Valley, CA 94546 – (510) 582-6400